Articles: Georgia Bankruptcy Regulations
Georgia Bankruptcy regulations still entitle debtors to assets
While federal laws govern bankruptcy, each state has further regulations that dictate bankruptcy filings.
The state of Georgia allows a debtor to keep some of their assets despite liquidation.
Debtors are still entitled to:
- Veteran’s benefits
- Payments from retirement accounts
- Social security benefits
- Unemployment compensation
- Public Assistance
- Disability or illness benefits
- Pension and annuity payments
- Interest in any funds or property
- Life insurance payments
- Wrongful death payments
Please fill out this form if you would like us to contact you directly. One of our debt relief agents will get back to you within one hour!*